For many people, the arrival of a new year is the chance to Find Ways To Get Healthy and start healthier habits. Whether your goal is to lose weight or to start exercising, you can easily change your habits to get healthy this year. This list includes 52 ways that make it easy to do something totally unique each week of the new year to improve your heath!
52 Ways To Get Healthy In The New Year
Get healthy this year by working each day on improving your life! Each of these things can impact your life in a new way. From starting to eat better to exercising or even simply increasing your vitamins. There are great tips here for how you can get healthy one day and one week at a time.
1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
2. Cut back on soda. Limit yourself to one a day and eventually just a few per week.
3. Try taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
4. Park a little further in parking lots so you get more of a walk in.
5. Try for a quick stroll each night after dinner.
6. Download calorie counting apps and other health related apps on your smart phone.
7. Start taking a daily vitamin.
8. Meet with a nutritionist who can help make personalized recommendations.
9. Buy some 2-5 pound free weights to use each evening and build muscle tone.
10. Limit your carbohydrates.
11. Cut back on sugar and sweet snacks. Limit sweet treats to 1-2 per week.
12. Switch your bread for whole grain varieties.
13.Opt for whole grain and multi grain cereal varieties.
14. Choose leaner cuts of meat.
15. Buy smaller plates to limit your portions and practice better portion control.
16. Join a local gym.
17. Practice menu planning so you can avoid the take out trap.
18. Get into the habit of washing off make up each night.
19. Use a daily moisturizer.
20. Use a daily sunscreen.
21. Practice stretching for a few minutes each morning.
22. Keep healthy snacks on hand, especially at work.
23. Make frequent trips to the local farmer’s market for fresh produce.
24. Learn how to freeze and dry produce so you can always have some on hand.
25. Add some high fiber options into your diet.
26. Take on a new sport. You never know what you might like once you try it.
27. Practice daily meditation or reflection to help yourself relax.
28. Get a massage every few months to promote better circulation and relaxation.
29. Floss daily.
30. Use an enamel building mouthwash.
31. Invest in a new toothbrush if you haven’t in awhile.
32. Keep your twice a year dental appointments.
33. Get your yearly mammogram if needed.
34. Get your yearly pap test if needed.
35. Meet with a dermatologist for a skin cancer screening.
36. Invest in shoes that not only look great but support your feet.
37. Practice better posture.
38. Get regular hair trims.
39. Cut back on beauty products with harsh chemicals.
40. Try making some of your own beauty products from scratch and natural ingredients.
41. Teach your children about healthier eating choices.
42. Get an eye exam if needed.
43. Have your cholesterol checked.
44. Get your blood pressure checked regularly.
45. Find a work out buddy and meet weekly.
46. Go to the library for free work out DVDs
47. Check out healthy eating cookbooks from your local library.
48. Take advantage of free health screenings in your area.
49. Always wear a seat belt.
50. Vow not to text while driving.
51. Wear a hat when outdoors.
52. Use a daily chapstick with sunscreen.
As you can see, these are all fairly easy tips to implement this year to help you and your family to get healthy. Pick a few of these ways to be healthier to start with and once you have mastered those, you can try a few more in your daily routine. If you go through the list and already know you've conquered some of these, then you can work more into your weekly routine. The ultimate goal is to get healthy – any changes you make to get the are a great improvement.
Print out this list and keep it on hand for easy reference. Bookmark or pin this post on Pinterest so it is easy to reference on a regular basis when you need motivation! When you give these tips a try you can make this your healthiest and happiest year yet!