These Homemade Finding Dory Crayons are going to make you the bestest mom ever! And, mom, I don't think they could get any easier to make. You can even use all those broken crayons up. I mean after all we all know the broke ones just won't work anymore. 😉
Homemade Finding Dory Crayons
Assorted crayons (head to the dollar store for a big box for a buck!)
Muffin pan, donut pan, or other metal cookie pan that is non-stick
1. First, remove all the wrappers from your crayons. One of the easiest ways to do this is to break them in half, then start pulling away the paper. This makes it easier to get a good grip of the paper and unwrap them quickly.
2. Continue breaking the crayons into smaller pieces. You should be able to get 4-5 pieces of out of each crayon.
3. You can now start dropping the crayon bits into the pan of choice. Just make sure it is non stick and coated so you don’t experience any burning or sticking. If you don’t have a non stick pan, you can use cupcake wrappers for the base of your crayons.
4. For the various crayon effects, you will drop the colors in as follows: For Dory, drop a few yellow pieces as well as a few blue. There really isn’t a ratio you need to follow, it is just wise to use less of the dark colors as opposed to the light colors so there is an equal balance.
5. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Place the pan in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the wax is liquefied. Do not over cook as you don’t want it boiling.
6. Carefully remove the pan and allow it to cool. Once cool, place it in a freezer for 10 minutes. This helps with removal.
7. Gently turn the pan over and the crayons should fall right out!
Be sure to check out my Homemade Finding Dory Playdough too.