If you have a green thumb, are trying to develop one, getting into homesteading, just want to start growing your own vegetables or flowers there is a DIY greenhouse to meet your needs here. From small upcycled models to larger ones that will help sustain a family.
1. This greenhouse from Liz Marie Blog made from rustic old windows is not only functional but it’s gorgeous and a great way to upcycle an old item that might be discarded. Combinations like that make my heart sing!
2. Maybe a simple but sturdy and frugal greenhouse like How to Build a Simple Everyday Greenhouse from Living Green and Frugally is more your speed.
3. Short on space? Simply Country Life shows you how to put together a tiny but adorable one with old windows. They have used theirs to start seeds but you could take their idea and use it for your own needs.
4. The DIY Stratosphere has an ingenious idea for using a simple box and hula hoops to create a clever small greenhouse that will have your plants shooting up in no time.
5. This Cattle Panel Greenhouse from Cattle Panel Creations is practical and pretty, it looks more like an outdoor sitting room but it does double duty for the plants as well.
6. An Underground Greenhouse from SHTF Preparedness expands your space and helps keep temperatures more consistent. While there are no plans checking out this version may give you an idea for digging out your own.
7. These free plans for an 8×10 greenhouse will turn any green thumb into a great amatuer carpenter, My Outdoor Plans will show you how!
8. Simplify and Save uses hay bales and corrugated roofing panels to create a large greenhouse that will keep you in food year round.
9. Ana White, as always, has amazing plans for you to follow. This Barn Greenhouse would be a pretty and useful addition to your property.
10. Inside your greenhouse you are going to need containers, beds, and other places to contain your crops. Half of a galvanized well makes an ideal raised bed as DomeGrowing shows.
11. Maybe you are in an urban environment and need something on a smaller scale that really works for you. Check out 1001 Pallets version of this Pallet Urban Greenhouse.
And a tiny one…..
While I love gardening and homesteading fairy gardens are also a passion of mine, I had to include this adorable mini greenhouse from Dollshouse and miniature scene for you to see!
Which one is your favorite?