If there is something you can’t do with a mason jar or it’s lid I don’t know what it could possibly be. Just sitting on a shelf all alone they are as pretty as can be, but you can even turn them into other things. Like this pretty and simple Rustic Mason Jar Lid Ornament.
Rustic Mason Jar Lid Ornament
You will need:
Mason jar lid
Black chalk paint
Hot glue/hot glue gun
Holly confetti (Walmart)
1. Separate your lid and paint the circle part with your two coats of your black chalk paint and let dry
2. Hot glue the circle lid along the edges inside the ring lid.
3. Now hot glue an end piece of twine onto the ring lid, start wrapping the twine around the lid until the lid is completely covered, hot gluing every so often to make sure the twine stays.
4. Cut a 6″ piece of twine, tie the two ends into a knot, and glue the knot to the backside of the ornament .
5. Then hot glue a piece of your holly confetti to the left or right side of your ornament. You could also cut your own holly out of craft foam or felt as well.
6. Use a chalk pencil to write Merry Christmas onto your ornament and display.
Now that you seen how easy these Rustic Mason Jar Lid Ornaments are to make you can make several for your tree or to give as gifts. These would also make gorgous gift tags.
Don’t leave with out checking out a few more Christmas posts: